Sunday, June 27, following the worship service and before the fellowship meal, we had a meeting of our members and attenders.
The purpose of the meeting was to update our church family on the progress of our succession team and their work in preparing us for the search for a full-time pastor.
Along with that important matter, we took a look at our January-May 2021 financial report with its implications for what funds we will need in the future to be able to support a full time man and his family.
The following information was distributed in handout form:
TRBC Teaching Elder Position
Trinity Reformed Baptist Church is seeking a full-time pastor to continue shepherding the congregation at TRBC as well as ministering to our community in the Clearwater Valley.
Pastoral Candidate Ideal Profile
- Meets the qualifications of elder (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9)
- Reformed Baptist identity
- Subscription to 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith (with minimal exceptions)
- Committed to expository preaching
- Committed to operating within a governing structure of a plurality of servant leaders
- Sufficient biblical/theological study preparation
- Prior pastoral experience (full-time/part-time, lead pastor or associate)
- Prior pastoral pulpit (experience if currently in an associate role)
- FIRE member—current or willing to join
- MDiv seminary degree or near completion of degree
- 35+ Age
- Background includes experience with rural living and small/new church development
Tasks pending prior to actively seeking pastoral candidates:
- Church profile/History
- Community profile